Time to Make the Switch?
When label converters consider their options, the bottom line has to be cost. When comparing linerless label benefits to self-adhesive, linerless provides a cost effective alternative to its backing paper counterparts. Taking into account that a roll of finished labels has a good percentage of release liner, it’s easy to imagine how many more actual labels can fit on to a roll. Lower costs can also be calculated by taking into account expenditure associated with weight, packing and shipping costs. In terms of manufacturing efficiency, the number of roll changes during production and the time to change rolls is reduced, and because there are more labels are on a roll, inventory space is reduced.
One of the aspects of linerless labels that add to a label’s overall performance is the release coating being applied to the face of the label. The release coating acts as a protective coating for UV, moisture and chemical resistance, adding to a label’s longevity. By utilising the face and the back of the label means that you get more space to feature information – great for driving engagement and providing a competitive edge when products need to stand out on shelf. Unlike traditional self-adhesive labels where printing on the adhesive can act as a deadener and affect performance, linerless labels are virtually adhesive free on the reverse so in effect you have two selling faces.
Within the factory, linerless labels promote a clean room environment when compared to traditional self-adhesive labels which is especially apparent at the point of application. Label liner needs to be collected then disposed of at a cost to the packer and it also takes up a lot of space with waste bins cluttering up the working area.
A linerless label is a pre-printed pressure sensitive label that does not feature liner or backing paper. The labels are wound on a roll and feature a silicone strip applied to the top, to prevent the adhesive from the underside sticking to the label below. A coating machine applies the adhesive and silicone, the process which makes a label ‘linerless’.
Linerless Label Benefits
- Zero backing paper and waste
- Avoid landfill disposal costs
- 40% more labels per roll – when comparing identical paper thickness
- Fewer changeovers, less downtime
- 40% less storage space – when comparing identical size reels and paper thickness
- Decreased shipping and storage costs
- Printable on paper, card and film
- Range of material thickness up to 300gsm
- Die cut and shaped labels
- Ravenwood network of approved suppliers and distributors using approved materials
- Exclusively developed for the production and delivery of faultless linerless labels
- Longer label runs
- Increased application speed – 150 packs per minute
- Increased surface print area
- Back of the label can feature additional information – recipes, money-off coupons and promotions
- Broad range of formats, top label only or ‘c wrap’, ‘full wrap’, ‘slideable full wrap sleeves’, ‘ready meal slideable sleeves’ including skin pack and super protruding food products
- Diverse range of product applications – meat, fish, chilled produce, ready meals, fresh vegetables, pizza, salami, tubs, bakery and bottles
- Linerless label applicators use print on demand technology and can also be linked to Security base labellers for the application of RFID Tags. Batch numbers, product weights and barcodes can also be printed.
If you would like to discuss linerless label benefits further or request some samples then call us (0)1284 749144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.