RAVENWOOD PACKAGING respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how RAVENWOOD PACKAGING collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Marketing & Events Manager
T: +44(0)1284 749144
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the Privacy Notice and your Duty to Inform us of Changes
The data protection law in the UK came into force on 25th May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
PLATFORMS WE STORE DATA ON AND HOW DATA IS SOURCED
Website Sign Up Form
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we will store to send out company newsletters, blog updates, news and information relating to Ravenwood events and that of our distributors.
Ravenwood Sage Accounting Package
Our Sage Accounting package allows us to process machine and parts orders. We also use this package to hold data on and pay our employees.
- Identity Data can include some or ALL of the following [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Employee Payroll: includes [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
Ravenwood CRM System
All contact information stored on our CRM System is sourced from Sage and as such is treated in exactly the same manner.
We monitor both MailChimp and Google Analytics reporting tools when we send marketing emails. This includes statistical or demographic data for measuring the effectiveness of email campaigns. Aggregated Data / demographics, may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. We may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature or particular landing page. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Events & Exhibitions
When Ravenwood exhibits at an exhibition or event, we use data capture platforms/software/apps to collate contact information for those that express an interest in our products and technologies. We ensure all software or apps used for this process adheres to the GDPR. If for any reason, we doubt their compliance or if we deem this to be unclear, we ask for a form to be completed, requesting that the OPT-IN tick box is ‘ticked’, advising us that the representative or Company is happy to receive marketing communications from Ravenwood. Ravenwood Distributors also share data collected from events and exhibitions with Ravenwood. So again, for those that express an interest in our products and services, we will always check and make enquiries as to GDPR compliancy before we accept and store any emails for marketing purposes.
Machine Distributors & Approved Printers
If a company decides to become an Approved Distributor of Ravenwood Packaging, we then collect key contact information to allow us to correspond by telephone and email, and to also carry out any financial transactions for business purposes.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your [Identity, Contact and Financial Data] by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services
- apply for a job via our Careers page
- create an account
- subscribe to our service or publications via our website enquiry form/s
- request marketing to be sent to you either by email, telephone or our website
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive or collect personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google
- advertising networks
- search information providers
- social media platforms where data is public
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as courier firms
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources [such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU].
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, sharing your data with a courier company in the event of a machine or parts delivery.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing our Data Protection Officer or unsubscribing from marketing emails.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Ravenwood will NEVER sell your data to authorised/unauthorised third parties.
Job Application Process
Should an applicant be successful at interview and then subsequently be offered a position at Ravenwood then their personal details will be stored for the duration of the employment. Should that person leave, regardless of circumstances then their details would be placed on file indefinitely.
Should an applicant complete an application form and not be offered or decide against accepting employment with Ravenwood after an interview, we would store the application for a maximum of 12 months. Then after this time, data will be shredded.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time. By either contacting our Data Protection Officer or following the unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you OPT-OUT of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us for a providing a product/service/purchase or affect business communications in anyway.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal communications via employees of Ravenwood.
- External Third Parties such as courier companies, machine builders (outside or Ravenwood)
- Emails to our Approved Distributor network.
- When corresponding via email. For example, if a company becomes a Ravenwood Approved Distributor, it is sometimes necessary to ‘cc’ certain members of our Distributor network in for information and on some occasions, a trusted third party.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.