We live in a world where packaging regulations are constantly evolving. Supermarkets are demanding improved quality, 100% error-free labelling and a marked reduction in recalls – placing increased pressure on suppliers. But the good news is, our new game-changer, the VXR® will not only meet these demands but will outperform manual operations for a fully streamlined process. The VXR is the ‘end of line solution provider’.
When combining its three technologies, the key functionality of the VXR system, is to identify and reject food trays that are seen to contain errors. Vision inspection and ‘Sapphire’ carbon nanotube field emission technology will resolve these issues. ‘Sapphire’ is a leading technology in the field of x-ray, boasting low energy, high speeds and resolution for unparalleled performance.
- Total inspection incorporated into just 1.9 m
- Avoid damaging press coverage and extortionate costs resulting from recalls
- Eliminate human error
- Reduce labour
- Increase production times
- High speed user-friendly interface for rugged factory environments
- Benefit from multiple changes between products
- Machines are built bespoke to feature just one of these technologies or all three for total control (x-ray must be incorporated if including seal check)
- Faultless linerless labels and unrivalled quality control when linking to our Nobac 500 sleever
- Identifies and rejects errors enabling operator-free end-of-line automation
- Automatically detects faulty labels, printing errors and poor quality print
- Analyses label position, quantity and orientation
- Checks for barcodes, use-by dates and traceability codes
- Heightened sensitivity for detecting a broad range of dense mass and contaminates
- Identifies ‘common’ foreign bodies such as glass, metal, ceramics including all types of bone
- Products are cast aside and placed into the removable reject bin
- Checks for a secure seal on all food trays
- Detects for contaminants in the seal including foods that have ‘slipped’
- Locates for the correct position of the product in the tray
- ‘Counts’ number of products in a tray; i.e. meatballs, burgers and sausages
- X-ray functionality must be incorporated for seal check
2016 Food Recalls due to Foreign Matter & Contaminants
According to Food Safety Magazine, in 2016 they counted 764 food recalls, a 22 percent surge compared to 2015. Of that total were 44 foreign matter recalls. Pieces of glass, metal, plastic, rubber and wood were amongst some of the culprits found. Foods affected by these recalls included meat, fruit and even ice cream.
Video Footage and PR
See the VXR in action below on our YouTube channel>
For further information, contact Marketing on +44 (0) 1284 749144.
Visit our dedicated VXR page on our new website to familiarise yourself with all sales options.
Read all about the launch of the VXR at Pro2pack!